Our previous “Limited Edition” pedal (Elektrika OC75 Edition) has received a lot of love, so we’ve been at it again, now testing a combination of vintage black glass Valvo transistors spearheaded by the mighty “OC44” model transistor. Sporting higher gain and a more aggressive tone than the OC75, this combination of transistors really surprises with exceptional cleanup (I dare say better than the OC75 version cleanup!) as we opted for an OC71 in the first position, followed by the harder-hitting OC43 & 44.
A trio of OC-series transistors (OC71, OC43 & OC44) and a gorgeous hammered-gold finish with silkscreened graphics make this pedal stand out among TB MK1 replicas. With our added “Gate” and “Tone” controls as well as the “MK1/Zonk” switch, this pedal has all the vintage tone you have ever dreamed of with the added flexibility to tune in a variety of MK1 fuzz tones.
Our “OC44 Edition Elektrika” is an absolute gem of a fuzz machine. Using 60’s vintage Valvo/Phillips black glass OC44 germanium transistors, this pedal brings the thunderous sound of the original MK1 Tonebender to another level. With increased output volume you won’t fight to get your fuzz level to sit right. The “Gate” control allows you to dial in exactly the right amount of sustain or “sticky fuzz” gating. Use the passive tone control to tame upper harmonics on brighter modern amps, trim the bass response with the MK1/Zonk switch – all practical, useful additions to this classic fuzz.
– Vintage OC-series Valvo “Black Glass” OC44 transistors
– Enclosure Size 125B, Powdercoated “Gold Sparkle” finish, UV Printed Graphics
– Powered by 9v “Block” battery, or +9vDC power jack. We have built in an analog 9v power inverter, so you may power this with a standard negative ground power supply! (aka “Boss Style” adapter). This means the pedal integrates seamlessly with modern pedalboards.
– All the trimmings: Hand wired, Top Jacks and input/output wired with solid-core vintage wire, low power consumption LED, “Fat/Tight” switch for MK1/Zonk Machine tones, and our custom Gate and Tone controls to dial in all the fuzz tones you dream about ;0)
Thanks for checkin it out!
* If you’re familiar with our “standard” Elektrika, you may wonder, “Why the price bump?” It comes down to the transistors. Vintage OC75 Valvo transistors are very hard to find, and prices are skyrocketing as supplies disappear. We’re lucky to have a few hundred of each, but even these won’t last long, as it takes about a dozen transistors to find the right values for one pedal! Our supply of transistors for our regular production “Elektrika” is still pretty healthy, but you may want to consider picking one of those up, too ;0)