UPDATE 2024: Due to dwindling OC44 supplies, we will be making just 10 more of these pedals in Jan 2024. They’ll be numbered “2024-01 thru 2014-10” If you haven’t experienced our “OC Series Elektrika”, the OC44 is the meaner, dirtier brother of the refined OC42 version and the legendary OC75 version. If you’re looking for punch-in-the-gut Stooges-era fuzztones, with the felxibilities to dial in searing lead tones as well, the OC44 is your pedal.
A trio of black glass germanium transistors (OC43 & OC44) in a classy powdercoated & UV-printed enclosure (“light gold” finish) make this pedal stand out among TB MK1 replicas. With our added “Gate” and “Tone” controls as well as the “MK1/Zonk” switch, this pedal has all the vintage tone you have ever dreamed of with the added flexibility to tune in a variety of MK1 fuzz tones.
UPDATED PICTURE COMING Mid-January 2024
Our “OC44 Edition Elektrika” is an absolute gem of a fuzz machine. Using 60’s vintage Valvo/Phillips black glass OC44 germanium transistors, this pedal brings the thunderous sound of the original MK1 Tonebender to another level. With increased output volume you won’t fight to get your fuzz level to sit right. The “Gate” control allows you to dial in exactly the right amount of sustain or “sticky fuzz” gating. Use the passive tone control to tame upper harmonics on brighter modern amps, trim the bass response with the MK1/Zonk switch – all practical, useful additions to this classic fuzz.
– Vintage OC-series Valvo “Black Glass” OC44 transistors
– Enclosure Size 125B, Powdercoated “Gold Sparkle” finish, UV Printed Graphics
– Powered by 9v “Block” battery, or +9vDC power jack. We have built in an analog 9v power inverter, so you may power this with a standard negative ground power supply! (aka “Boss Style” adapter). This means the pedal integrates seamlessly with modern pedalboards.
– All the trimmings: Hand wired, Top Jacks and input/output wired with solid-core vintage wire, low power consumption LED, “Fat/Tight” switch for MK1/Zonk Machine tones, and our custom Gate and Tone controls to dial in all the fuzz tones you dream about ;0)
Thanks for checkin it out!
* If you’re familiar with our “standard” Elektrika, you may wonder, “Why the price bump?” It comes down to the transistors. Vintage OC75 Valvo transistors are very hard to find, and prices are skyrocketing as supplies disappear. We’re lucky to have a few hundred of each, but even these won’t last long, as it takes about a dozen transistors to find the right values for one pedal! Our supply of transistors for our regular production “Elektrika” is still pretty healthy, but you may want to consider picking one of those up, too ;0)
RETURN POLICY: If you’re not satisfied with any JDM Pedal, you can return within 14 days for a refund (minus shipping and payment processing costs, which Paypal does not refund to us 🙁 If you encounter any functional problems with a pedal at any time just contact us! Since we use vintage transistors, it is possible that a transistor can fail, as rare as that is, and we’ll always do what it takes to get your beloved fuzz machine growling again.