***UPDATE: Jan 11, 2024: We have acquired a small supply of “long can” OC75 and OC76 Mullard transistors, so I’m building ten more “Elektrika OC75” pedals. Each is built with 2xOC75 and 1xOC76 “long can” style Mullard transistors. Transistors are sorted for gain, leakage AND noise! These pedals are *quiet* little beasts! I am aware that many TB MK1 circuits hiss and crackle as you play – indeed these are very low noise, and work great as either a gated, blasting fuzztone, or open the bias control up and get gorgeous, sustaining lead tones!
Since these transistors have become so rare now, I am also building these pedals with vintage Mullard input and output caps, paper-in-oil tone caps, etc. A no-holds-barred build to squeeze every drop of tone out of these awesome transistors! The enclosures are painted in gold hammerite and hand-stamped by yours truly for a truly one-off look on each pedal.
Remaining quantity: Currently 5 of 10 remaining
Here are some pics. The original post and description is below:
Over the years, we’ve created quite a few custom pedals, and we’re going to offer some of our favorites in a limited series of pedals.
We will begin with a most delicious version of our “Elektrika” pedal, taken to the extreme of vintage tone. A trio of OC-series transistors (2x OC75, 1x OC76 ) and a gorgeous hammered-gold finish with hand-stamped graphics make this pedal stand out among TB MK1 replicas. With out added “Gate” and “Tone” controls as well as the “Fat/Tight” switch, this pedal has all the vintage tone you have ever dreamed of with the added flexibility to tune in any MK1 Fuzz tone you desire.
* If you’re familiar with our “standard” Elektrika, you may wonder, “Why the price bump?” It comes down to the transistors. Vintage OC75 transistors are very hard to find, and prices are skyrocketing as supplies disappear. Once these precious devices arrive, we sort them rigorously for gain, leakage AND NOISE! Only about 1/2 make the cut, essentially doubling our cost for the transistors.At $15-25 per transistor, you can see why the standard price is more than double of our standard Elektrika.
(I should note – Our supply of transistors for our regular production “Elektrika” is in good shape for now, so you may want to consider picking one of those up in any case! ;0)
– Vintage Mullard “long can” OC75 & OC76 transistors
– Enclosure Size 125B, Finished in Gold Hammerite, Block-printed Graphics
– Powered by 9v “Block” battery, or +9vDC power jack. We have built in an analog 9v power inverter, so you may power this with a standard negative ground power supply! (aka “Boss Style” adapter). This means the pedal integrates seamlessly with modern pedalboards.
– All the trimmings: Hand wired, Top mounted Lumberg Jacks, cloth-covered vintage in/out wire, low power consumption LED, “Fat/Tight” switch for MK1/Zonk Machine tones, and our custom Gate and Tone controls to dial in all the fuzz tones you dream about…
Thanks for checkin’ it out!
RETURN POLICY: If you’re not satisfied with any JDM Pedal, you can return within 14 days for a refund (minus shipping and payment processing costs, which Paypal does not refund to us 🙁 If you encounter any functional problems with a pedal at any time just contact us! Since we use vintage transistors, it is possible that a transistor can fail, as rare as that is, and we’ll always do what it takes to get your beloved fuzz machine growling again.