Order the JDM “Vindicator” Germanium Fuzz/Boost:
New enclosure for 2023 – “Silver Sparkle” powder coated finish w/ UV printed graphics
Same Killer Tones, Groovy New Look ;0)
About The JDM Vindicator
The “Vindicator” is our flagship guitar pedal; a combination Rangemaster-style treble booster and Tonebender-style fuzz. (Note if you heard about it through the grape vine, this pedal was previously called “Tonemaster”.) We chose the name “Vindicator” for a few reasons, first and foremost as a homage to the classic album “Vindicators” by Arthur Lee on which my dear departed friend, the great Charlie Karp recorded stunning guitar performances.
The combination of our improved versions of the Rangemaster- and Tonebender-style circuits offers an impressive palette of sounds. You can create everything from a mild and creamy boost/overdrive tones to sizzling tonebender fuzz, and on into stupid-ill fuzz/octave/alien ESP reception mayhem. You will love the tones you can create with this beast.
We assemble the “Vindicator” by hand, using vintage European and Russian Germanium transistors. Even though we use vintage PNP transistors, it is powered by a standard negative ground PSU, which means it can share a power supply with all your other pedals. Battery power is possible with a standard 9v battery (clip inside).
We ship worldwide, shipping calculated at checkout – please note “direct to Paypal” may accidentally bypass shipping calculation. Shipping as of 2023 is under $10 to almost all locations.
Our pedals are handmade, tuned, and each pedal is tested and tweaked for optimal tone (transistor selection is key).
The “JDM Vindicator” Features:
- 125B enclosure, Top Jacks
- True bypass switching
- Alpha pots, Lumberg Jacks, Solid core input and output wiring, short-shaft switches.
- Hand-finished enclosure, Silkscreened Graphics.
- Operates on standard +9vDC power supply / center negative -aka “Boss Style Power Supply” (not included) or 9v battery (not included). Power consumption approx 15mA.
- “Rangemaster” and “Tonebender” style circuits separately switchable
- “Rangemaster” circuit includes Boost and EQ knobs – EQ knob allows you to dial in a classic treble boost, a full-range boost, and varying degrees in between.
- “Tonebender” circuit includes Fuzz, Bias, and Volume (Output) for an incredible range of fuzz sounds from mild and creamy to just plain rude. Remember to lower your guitar volume a tad for maximum “fuzz” reactivity! Classic tones from searing fuzz to tight overdrive and chunky distortion.
- All Germanium transistors – A combination of selected Russian Military and Vintage European transistors is selected for each unit. No cutting corners – every unit is fine tuned by ear.
We’ve shipped many of these pedals, and almost everyone raves about not only the tone, but the variety of tones. Two customers have bought a second one because they feared having it stolen or losing it and being without their new favorite tone. But don’t only take our word for it – here’s some feedback from eBay and Reverb.com:
Some More Information
In this video, Sasha runs through some tones on a few of our fuzz pedals – he has a light touch and great phrasing – our pedals do ‘doom’ and ‘stoner’ tones just as well as blues and soul!
RETURN POLICY: If you’re not satisfied with any JDM Pedal, you can return within 14 days for a refund (minus shipping and payment processing costs, which Paypal does not refund to us 🙁
We care for our pedals that have gone out into the world to make lovely noise and risk getting banged up on the job… If you have a JDM Pedal that needs some TLC, just write to us!